June 5, 2012

"Math in Photography!"

DAY ONE OF MY PHOTOGRAPHY CLASS!

I have never had a 3 hour class before. But I do now.
It is on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 11:50 a.m.
I had to get up at 6:40 a.m. this morning to get ready and beat the normal school rush the first week of school; just to find out that there isn't such one in the summer. Oh well, I got some things done.

Well, my teacher is Ryan Cummings. He's kinda crazy, but in a good way. If you want to check out his website it is: ryancummings.com.

So today we read the syllabus... wooh, that's a ton of fun... NOT!
I hate reading those things, and so do all the teachers.
Next, we discussed what aperture, ISO, and shutter are.
And these three things include MATH.
Yes, I said it. Math in photography!
MATH

Oh well, it's not that bad.

The class was so long that our teacher gave us a 10 minute break part way through class.
Through email we were told to bring our cameras; I was so excited.

BECAUSE I BOUGHT A NEW CAMERA YESTERDAY!
DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflector)
Nikon D50
With 2 lenses
A Big Case
An additional battery
And extra manuals
All for $250!!!!

But during class, we never got to pull them out and flaunt them. I was kinda disappointed. Oh well, maybe on Thursday.
I have lots of homework already. I need to read chapters 1 and 3 and my owner's manual. Plus I have to work all day tomorrow...

This is gonna be fun.

No comments: